Molly Maggiano is an attorney of counsel with Kilinski | Van Wyk where she focuses her practice in real estate law, including representation of private and public clients in the acquisition and sale of property, review and drafting of leases, title review and property due diligence, and formation of community associations in connection with development of master planned communities. She also practices in the area of general representation of community development districts and other special districts.
Molly began her legal career at a boutique law firm in Cleveland, Ohio where she provided representation in various types of civil litigation matters to individuals and also served in the capacity of general business counsel. After relocating to Florida, Molly turned her focus to the real estate industry, where she has worked in various capacities, including as in-house counsel for a national developer and homebuilder, and as a management consultant in the establishment and operation of community development districts, before returning to private practice. Since returning to private practice almost a decade ago, Molly has focused her practice on the representation of developers, landowners, home builders, governmental agencies, and other private and public entities in various real estate transactions, including representation of landowners and developers in commercial and residential transactions, and advising on the acquisition and financing of land projects. Molly has broad experience in local government law, having served as counsel to several units of government. In this capacity, she advises special districts and school boards on matters related to real property, contracts, finance, construction and public procurement.
Molly’s focus is specific to representing clients in real property transactions, formation of community associations and establishment and ongoing representation of special districts. Molly represents clients from contract negotiation to closing in the sale and acquisition of property, drafting and review of loan documents, drafting and review of lease agreements, title and survey review, drafting and review of easements, and other related matters.
Landowner and Developer Services – Molly assists clients in the creation of property owner associations and the drafting of the governing documents relative to such associations, including subsequent amendments and supplements thereto, as well as provides legal services with respect to the ongoing operation and legal affairs of the association on behalf of developers during the period of developer control, and oversight with respect to the turnover of control of the association to its members. Molly also provides services to assist clients in the turnover of improvements, including utilities, roadways, amenities and similar improvements, and the review of title, survey and other due diligence matters.
Community Development Districts (CDD) – Molly also aids in advising clients in the establishment and continuing operation of community development districts and other forms of special taxing districts which includes advising on issues such as public procurement, open government (Sunshine Law) and ethics, rulemaking procedures, construction matters, real property transactions, government contracts, and a wide array of District governing documents.
- Molly represents various developers in the creation of property owner associations for residential, commercial and mixed-used projects, and provides guidance and legal services relative to the operation of such and helps facilitate the transmission to resident-controlled associations.
- Molly represents several private landowners in conjunction with negotiation and execution of contracts for acquisition and sale of entitled and unentitled real property, including coordination with owners, contractors, engineers and related professionals.
- Molly represents homebuilders and developers in the establishment of community development districts, particularly in SE and SW Florida, and the ongoing representation as general counsel to the same.
In her free time, Molly enjoys traveling, activities at the beach or out on the water, spending time with family and friends, or relaxing by the pool with a book.
- Cleveland State University, Juris Doctor
- Youngstown State University, Bachelor of Science – Business Administration
- Sydney & Berne Davis Art Center Board of Directors
- Florida Bar Admission, 2005
- Ohio Bar Admission, 2003