As a Paralegal | Office Manager at Kilinski | Van Wyk, Lisa brings to the firm over 20 years of paralegal and law office management experience. Lisa has worked for some of Tallahassee’s premier law firms where her accomplishments include being the inaugural paralegal added to a well-established team of Community Development District attorneys, managing caseloads of more than 200 active litigation files, in addition to managing law firms’ day to day operations and staffing. In addition, Lisa has served as a Corporate Paralegal and Staff Accountant specializing in contract review, proposal compliance, government contracts, international business establishment, corporate filings, local municipal taxation, expense auditing and fixed asset management.
Lisa manages the day-to-day operations of the firm as well as uses her knowledge of community development districts to provide outstanding paralegal support to the firm.
- Jennifer represents some of the largest master planned communities in Northeast Florida, Central Florida, Southeast Florida and areas in between.
- Jennifer has served as counsel to some of Florida’s largest landowners, national homebuilders, and largest developers in the establishment of special districts and general counsel representation thereafter. This representation includes serving as district counsel in the validation of hundreds of millions of dollars in tax-exempt financing and serving as issuer’s counsel related to the same.
- Jennifer also represents a large number of resident controlled special districts, where she prides herself on offering policy, business and legal advice in support of the elected officials direction and goals. She understands the importance of sound policy and supporting legal advice and the direct impact to people’s lives in their communities. She walks hand in hand with newly elected officials in support of their policy goals.
- Jennifer has provided legislative services to industry organizations and special district clients, including monitoring legislation, participating in executive and legislative branch lobbying on special district issues and coordinating large scale efforts, including the implementation of Amendment 12.
- Jennifer represents a number of private landowners in conjunction with negotiation and execution of construction contracts for multi-million dollar private projects, including coordination with owners, contractors, engineers and related professionals.
Lisa’s interests away from the firm include going on hikes with her two dogs and getting snuggles from her cats, as well as gardening, cooking gourmet meals, and spending time with her husband, children and granddaughter.
Lisa is currently enrolled in the University of Cincinnati to obtain her degree in Law and Paralegal Studies-Go Bearcats!