Grace Kobitter is an Attorney at Kilinski | Van Wyk where she specializes in the establishment and representation of special districts, including community development districts, improvement districts, and stewardship districts. She also represents private and public clients in construction law matters and serves as issuer’s counsel in conjunction with public financing.
Grace began her legal career working within the general liability division of a litigation firm defending corporations in civil disputes. Grace joined the metro Tampa office of Kilinski | Van Wyk in 2021, where she works directly with clients to create, finance and operate vibrant communities and other development projects throughout Florida. Grace graduated with honors from Stetson University College of Law with a concentration in advocacy and was nominated to the Order of Barristers. As a member of Stetson’s nationally ranked Dispute Resolution Board, she was a Regional Champion in the ABA Client Counseling Competition. Grace also served as a federal judicial intern in the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division for the Honorable Anthony E. Porcelli.
Grace specializes in the establishment and representation of special districts and community development districts, providing counsel on matters related to contracts, real property, public procurement, open meetings, construction, and financing – Grace helps clients in the areas of public finance, public procurement, open government (Sunshine Laws) and ethics, rulemaking procedures, construction matters, navigating various licensing requirements, real property transactions, election law, government contracts, and a wide array of district governing documents. She enjoys helping residential communities find ways to achieve their goals within the framework of the law, and helping resident controlled districts navigate both day-to-day operational issues and more significant legal issues in large master planned communities.
- Grace represents some of the largest and high-profile master planned communities throughout Florida.
- Grace represents many resident-controlled special districts, where she counsels supervisors and residents on legal and policy matters to help them achieve their community and business objectives within the framework of Florida law.
- Grace excels in collaborating with teams to develop creative and effective legal solutions, including facilitating coordination with owners, contractors, engineers and related professionals.
- While in law school, Grace served as Secretary and Vice President of the Student Bar Association, as a Stetson Ambassador, and was a Notes & Comments Editor for the Stetson Law Review.
In her free time, Grace enjoys outdoor activities, spending time with friends and family, and playing with her dog, Reese.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., cum laude; The Order of Barristers; Stetson Law Review, Notes & Comments Editor; Dispute Resolution Board, Member; Stetson Law Ambassadors; Student Bar Association, Vice President (2019-2020), Secretary (2018-2019), Class Representative (2017-2018); Teaching Assistant, Pre-Trial Practice; Highest Grade Distinction, Negotiation & Mediation
- Transylvania University, B.A.; Swimming & Diving Team
- Florida Bar Admission, 2020
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida