Chris Kuhn is the Director – Development Consulting Services for Kilinski | Van Wyk and leads their development-related services with 25 years of experience that includes the full spectrum of real estate development, from opportunity inception through development and operation. Whether your team needs assistance with inspection period due diligence or project management support, Chris’ client-centric approach is committed to positioning your project for success.
Chris understands the unique challenges clients face bringing development opportunities to the market. In support of Kilinski | Van Wyk’s clients, the firm offers select real estate development-related services to help clients navigate these unprecedented times and manage the different stages of project development. Chris’ development career encompasses highly successful fully-amenitized master-planned communities as well as several high-profile individual projects, including Daytona International Speedway Infield Redevelopment, State of Florida Capitol Monument Plaza, and the Florida State University New Student Union. The breadth of Chris’ career and project experiences allow him the unique perspective to assist developers, land owners, consultants and Boards of Supervisors.
Focus Areas – Chris specializes in supporting new and existing clients with development related professional support, with efforts ranging in size from single task short-term scopes of work to extended efforts managing complex long-term projects. Chris is able to work as an extension of a client’s existing team, or be the sole resource the client needs to accomplish their development related objectives. The range of services Chris offers clients includes project due diligence and inspection period support, pro forma analysis, entitlement and permitting support, project management and positioning, Owner’s representation, and operations and maintenance reporting and audits.
- Developed multiple successful large-scale master planned communities in Florida, including those with community development districts.
- Lead all phases of the development of master planned community amenities, including aquatic and fitness amenity centers, neighborhood and community parks, trails, active recreation courts, waterfront amenities, and clubhouse and community gathering spaces.
- Construction project manager for large complex construction projects, ranging in value from $30M to $120M, for both private and public entities and delivered under construction management at-risk and design-build contracting methods.
- Works with clients during various phases of development projects, from inception to delivery to market, allowing the unique perspective to assist Boards, developers, land owners and consultants.
- Successfully repositioned multiple projects with strategies that involved negotiation of entitlement and development obligations, rebranding and marketing programs, and in-depth review of development infrastructure and physical plant to leverage existing in-the-ground work before additional investments are made.
In his free time, Chris enjoys spending time with his wife, Jennifer, and their very active kids. Chris has a long love-hate relationship with distance running, enjoys outdoor activities and traveling with his wife and family.
- University of Florida, M.A., 1995
- University of Florida, B.A., 1993