As a Paralegal with Kilinski | Van Wyk and over 15 years’ experience in land procurement and construction, Amy offers her leadership skills assisting legal counsel in their representation of large landowners in the establishment and representation of special districts, including community development districts, improvement districts, stewardship districts and recreational districts. Amy’s career also includes experience as a paralegal at Hopping Green & Sams P.A., and as a legal assistant at the St. Joe Company.
Focus Areas – Amy has developed cooperative working relationships with attorneys, engineers, district managers, and project teams related to the establishments and boundary amendments of these special taxing districts which includes bond validations and public finance, public procurement, public records, contracts, rulemaking, real property, litigation, landowner and developer services.
Education – Valdosta State University, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Speech Communication
- Jennifer represents some of the largest master planned communities in Northeast Florida, Central Florida, Southeast Florida and areas in between.
- Jennifer has served as counsel to some of Florida’s largest landowners, national homebuilders, and largest developers in the establishment of special districts and general counsel representation thereafter. This representation includes serving as district counsel in the validation of hundreds of millions of dollars in tax-exempt financing and serving as issuer’s counsel related to the same.
- Jennifer also represents a large number of resident controlled special districts, where she prides herself on offering policy, business and legal advice in support of the elected officials direction and goals. She understands the importance of sound policy and supporting legal advice and the direct impact to people’s lives in their communities. She walks hand in hand with newly elected officials in support of their policy goals.
- Jennifer has provided legislative services to industry organizations and special district clients, including monitoring legislation, participating in executive and legislative branch lobbying on special district issues and coordinating large scale efforts, including the implementation of Amendment 12.
- Jennifer represents a number of private landowners in conjunction with negotiation and execution of construction contracts for multi-million dollar private projects, including coordination with owners, contractors, engineers and related professionals.
Amy’s interests include kayaking Florida’s rivers, hiking Tallahassee’s trails and working in her flower gardens. She enjoys visiting her son and daughter-in-law in North Carolina and spending time with her daughter and two miniature schnauzers.
Valdosta State University, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Speech Communication